- Avoid picking at, rubbing, playing with, or curling the extensions.
- Avoid hot and humid environments such as at a swimming pool, sauna, hot yoga, steam room, facials and very hot showers.
- Avoid intense heat such as hair dryers, ovens, barbeques, lighters, and tanning beds.
- Avoid sleeping on the lashes. The client might crush them and cause the bond to break.
- Avoid products that contain strong polar solvents such as glycols, PEG, parabens, and oils derived from plants (olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, Moroccan oil, etc.)
- Avoid wearing mascara with the extensions.
- Clean the lashes with eyelash shampoo using a soft makeup brush on a daily basis. Maintaining a clean lash line promotes healthy lash growth.
- Avoid using cotton products around the eyes such as cotton balls, Q-tips and wipes. The lint from the cotton will get caught and may cause you to pull out or tug on the lashes.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on the extensions.
- The first 24 hours after the service is crucial to maintaining the results. It is important to avoid steam, heat, cleansers, eye products and make up while the lashes are stabilizing. Exposing the lashes too soon to these elements can cause the lift to relax and the lashes can also become unruly. Once the bonds are stabilized (after 24 hours), the lashes can be treated with steam, heat, cleansers and eye products and make up without affecting the lift.
- It’s very important to condition the lashes daily. The procedure can dehydrate the natural lashes. For this reason the lashes must be conditioned daily to ensure that they remain nicely lifted. If they are not conditioned daily, they can become frizzy and unruly. We will send you home with castor oil that you can apply on the eyelashes.
- Avoid Sleeping on Face – Continued pressure applied onto the lashes may cause them to lose shape in the lift. This is due to friction caused from the pillow case.
- Avoid Rubbing Eyes – Rubbing the lashes can cause them to be pulled out prematurely.
- Mascara and oil-based products can be used after 24 hours – there’s actually no specific product or ingredient that has to be avoided. As long as the aftercare is followed properly, it will not affect the lift.