As a lash artist, choosing an eyelash extension pillow is very important. You want something that will be comfortable for your client to lay on, but also something that will be comfortable for you to work with!
Over my many years doing lash extensions, I’ve tried out a ton of different lash pillows, and I’ve come to find what works best for me and my clients.
So in this article, I wanted to share with you my top 2 picks for the best lash pillows!
Here are my top picks:
Disclosure: We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Learn more about our Editorial Process.
Why You Can Trust Me
Hi! My name is Asako and I am the owner of Divine Lashes. I opened my first studio back in 2012 and never looked back!
I love everything about lashes and regularly write on my blog which now reaches 1+ million yearly visitors!
Over the years, I purchased several eyelash extension pillows. I wanted to write this article to help you make the best choice for your needs.
Let’s get started!
What Are the Best Lash Pillows
There are two types of pillows that are commonly used by lash artists:
- U-Shaped Pillows
- Ergonomic Pillow
Of course, you might still get away with a regular pillow, a travel neck pillow, or a massage table headpiece, but I won’t even cover those options in this article. For the difference in price, you should invest in a pillow specifically designed for lash artists.
Trust me, you won’t regret it. Your clients will thank you for it.
Here are my picks for the best pillows for eyelash extensions:
1. Best Overall: LashSo Ergonomic Lash Pillow
This ergonomic lash pillow from LashSo is my #1 recommendation for every lash artist who wants the best of both comfort and support. The pillow has a contoured shape that gives your client’s head and neck full support while they enjoy their eyelash appointment.
The LashSo Ergonomic Lash Pillow is a great pillow for both lash artists and their clients. The pillow is contoured to give full support to the head and neck, and it’s also comfortable and firm.
The pillow comes with a removable and washable cover, and it’s also available in two different colors: black and pink. For my salons, I generally stay away from extravagant colors and stick with black since it doesn’t show stains as easily and fits with my design.
When working with an ergonomic pillow, I still like to have a shelf organizer tucked on the side so I can have all of my supplies within arm’s reach. This is a huge boost to productivity.
- Ergonomic design for full neck and head support.
- Memory foam 40D for maximum comfort.
- Removable and washable pillow cover AND an extra velvet pillow case.
- Wide enough to be able to use lash supplies on the side.
Pros and Cons:
What’s to like?
- The ergonomic design is amazing for both lash artists and their clients.
- Luxury feeling to the touch.
- Quality materials.
- Breathable and hypoallergic cover.
What’s not to like?
- There are thicker pillows available on the market (see alternatives below). It’s a matter of preference.
- Some pillows offer more color choices.
- Doesn’t include a shelf or an organizer
If you want a pillow that’s even thicker, take a look at the Cloud Pro Ergonomic Lash Pillow. It features a 4.5″ thick memory foam pillow that will give your clients, even more, support and comfort.
It also has 8 organizing slots on the side, so you can have all of your supplies within reach.
The LashSo Ergonomic Lash Pillow is my top pick because it combines support, comfort, and quality. It’s also very affordable, which is a huge plus.
I personally like the design and don’t mind the lower profile since I work with an acrylic organizer on the side (and you should too!)
2. Best Value: Parsne U-Shaped Lash Pillow
This U-Shape eyelash pillow is my budget pick for those who are looking for good quality without breaking the bank. This is the very first pillow I purchased and still use it to this day.
This Prasne U-Shaped eyelash pillow is specifically designed for eyelash extensions. It’s a great pillow for both lash artists and their clients. The pillow is contoured to give full support to the head and neck, and it’s also comfortable and firm.
The pillow comes with a removable and washable cover, and it’s also available in 3 different colors: black, red, and blue.
They recently updated the interior sponge with a quality memory foam that’s more comfortable than the previous version. It’s also more firm and maintains its shape better.
- U-Shaped design for full neck and head support.
- Memory foam pillow for maximum comfort.
- A high and flat lash platform on both sides.
- Storage pockets on both sides.
Pros and Cons:
What’s to like?
- I love the high platform on both sides. I find it a lot more efficient to work with these. I also like to have an acrylic shelf on the right side where I can put my extensions and glue.
- The deep U-Shape ensures the client’s head doesn’t move around while you’re working.
What’s not to like?
- This U-Shape pillow doesn’t have a small wedge for neck support. Some people prefer it, some don’t. It’s a matter of personal preferences.
The LashView pillow is also U-Shaped but comes with an acrylic shelf organizer. This makes it the perfect combo if you want something simple and hassle-free.
I’ve always enjoyed working with my U-Shaped pillow. The flat sides allow me to be very precise and quick with my work. I can easily keep all the tools I need on the side without having to search for them.
This unique shape allows prevents the client’s head from moving even if they fall asleep, which is a huge plus. Overall, you’ll be happy to have this one in your arsenal.
How to Choose the Best Eyelash Pillow (Buying Guide)
Choosing the right pillow for your lash business is essential to your success – and sometimes overlooked. Not only will the wrong pillow make you less efficient, but it can also cause discomfort for your clients.
You might first think of it strictly in terms of comfort, but efficiency in your work is just as important. The right pillow will help you work faster and with fewer mistakes. That also means a more profitable business since you can take on more clients in the same amount of time.
Here are the most important factors you should consider when choosing an eyelash pillow:
- Support: There are two main types of support: neck support and head support. The first and most important thing you should look for in an eyelash pillow is support. A good pillow will keep your client’s head stable and prevent it from moving around. That means fewer mistakes and a quicker, more efficient workflow.
- Comfort: Comfort is obviously important for your clients, but it’s also important for you. You’ll be working on this pillow for hours at a time, so it’s important to choose one that’s comfortable for you. Look for a pillow that’s soft but also has enough firmness to provide support.
- Size: The size of the pillow will determine how easy it is to work with. A too-small pillow will make it difficult to position. Make you measure the width of your eyelash bed so that the pillow can fit nicely on it.
- Material: The material of the pillow is important. I prefer to work with pillows that have a velvet cover since I find them more comfortable for my clients. However, there are options with faux leather.
- Washable: This one is a given and mandatory for any respectable product. You need to be able to remove the cover to wash it regularly.
- Color: Pick the color that makes you vibrate ;). I guess I’m a little boring because I always go for black. I like black because it’s easy to match with any decor and looks cleaner.
Lash Pillow FAQs
What is the best pillow for lash extensions?
If you’re looking for comfort, then I would recommend a pillow with a soft velvet cover. If you’re looking for support, then I would recommend a pillow with a firm inner core.
How do I choose the right size pillow for my lash bed?
You should measure the width of your lash bed and compare it to the dimensions of the pillow. The pillow should be slightly smaller than the width of your lash bed.
How often should I wash my lash pillow?
You should wash your lash pillow at least once a week.
Can I use an eyelash pillow for other purposes?
Yes, you can use an eyelash pillow for other purposes such as sleeping or relaxing. However, I would not recommend using it for anything else other than lash extensions.
I hope this article was helpful in choosing the right pillow for your lash business. If you want to complete your setup with the perfect lash bed, make sure to read my review of the best eyelash extension beds available here.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Life Is Short, Your Lashes Don’t Need to Be
Sign up for exclusive insights, tips, and tricks for long eyelashes to fall for!
100% free. Only the good stuff.