Whether you want to try a DYI lash lift at home or you’re a seasoned pro, finding the best lash lift kit is essential to getting flawless results. A good lash lift kit will not only save you money but will also save you headaches from using subpar lash lift products.
I started lashing clients more than 10 years ago, and today lash lifts have become one of my most popular services.
This article is a definite guide on choosing the best lash lift kit that will work for you. I will share what I found works best (and what doesn’t).
Before we get down to the list, let’s do a quick refresher on the most essential information you need to know about lash lift products so that you can make the best choice.
Here are my quick picks. You can skip to my best lash lift kits list, or keep reading to learn more about lifting those beautiful eyelashes!
This quality lash lift kit provides long-lasting curls for up to 6 weeks. It comes with all the tools you need for a complete DIY experience.
A fan favorite kit with over 8,000 positive reviews on Amazon. This product combines quality and an unbeatable value with 15 lifts.
The Lash Shop
This instant formulation is the perfect kit for certified lash artists who want to offer lash lift and tint treatments to their clientele.
We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Learn more about our Editorial Process.
What Are Lash Lift Kits & How Do They Work?
Lash lift kits are used to curl your lashes and give them a longer, fuller appearance. A good kit will typically have everything you need to get started:
- Lash Lift Adhesive
- Lifting lotion
- Setting lotion
- Nourishing lotion
- Cleansing solution
- Shields of different sized
- Y comb
- Eye pads
- Mascara wand
The lash lift process is fairly simple. It can be broken down into 4 general steps:
- Apply the shields: A silicone shield is placed on your upper eyelid where your lashes will be lifted. Your upper lashes will be brushed upwards against the shield using the lash lift adhesive.
- Apply the lifting lotion: A Lift Lotion is used to break the disulfide bonds in the eyelash hair. This will make the lashes more pliable and easier to shape.
- Apply the setting lotion: A Setting Lotion is used to fix the lashes in their new shape. This will reform the disulfide bonds in the lash hair and permanently set your eyelashes.
- Apply the nourishing lotion: A Nourishing Lotion is used to moisturize and protect your lashes. This will help to keep your lashes healthy and looking their best.
Pro Tip: I’ve written a detailed article on how to do a lash lift at home with the required steps.
Types of lash lift kits
Most kits will include various standard tools like mascara wands, eye pads, and shields. What truly sets a lash lift kit apart is the lifting lotion.
Because the lifting lotion is responsible for breaking the disulfide bonds in your lashes. The quality of the lotion will determine how well your lashes are lifted and how long the lift lasts.
There are two main types of lifting lotions:
Acid-based: These lotions typically use a chemical called glyceryl monothioglycolate to break the disulfide bonds in your lashes. It is considered a more gentle alternative (see below) but slightly less effective and takes longer to work. It also requires heat
Alkaline-based: These lotions use a chemical called thioglycolic acid to break the disulfide bonds in your lashes. Thioglycolic acid is a strong chemical that can be harsh on your lashes. It’s important to make sure you read the instructions carefully and use the lotion as directed. Because they are stronger, these lotions are typically used for a much shorter duration on the lashes.
How to Choose the Best Lash Lift Kit
When choosing a lash lift kit, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Lifting lotion: As we just discussed, there are two main types of lifting lotions: acid-based and alkaline-based. Alkaline-based lotions are typically more effective but can be harsh on your lashes. Acid-based lotions are more gentle but take longer to work.
- Nourishing oil: You’ll want to make sure the kit you choose includes a nourishing oil. Quality oil will provide your eyelashes with the nutrients they need to stay healthy and recover from the shock they just endured.
- Instructions: Make sure the kit you choose comes with clear, easy-to-follow instructions. The last thing you want is to damage your lashes because you didn’t follow the directions correctly.
- Price: Lash lift kits can range in price from 30$ to 100$ depending on the quality of the products. You’ll want to make sure you’re getting a kit that’s worth your money.
- DIY vs salon: Salons typically use stronger chemicals and have more experience with the lash lift process. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t get great results from a DYI kit. However, you really need to know what you’re doing if you’re being a salon kit to perform a lash lift at home.
- Warranty: Some lash lift kits come with a money-back satisfaction guarantee. This is a great way to make sure you’re happy with your purchase.
- Rod vs shields: There are two main types of lash lift tools: rods and shields. Shields are typically used in salons, while rods are more common in DYI kits. I personally much prefer working with shields because they provide more support for the lashes and are easier to work with. They also actually lift the eyelashes instead of simply curling them.
Lash Lifts Before and After Pictures
Wondering what a lash lift can do for your eyelashes? Check out a few of my clients below!
5 Best Lash Lift Kits Based on Consumer Ratings, Reports, and Personal Experience
Best DIY: Ayasal Lash Lift Kit
Are you looking to save some money by doing your lash lift at home? Then the Ayasal Lash Lift Kit is a great option for you.
The kit comes with a quality lifting lotion that does a great job of breaking the disulfide bonds in your lashes. It also includes a good nourishing oil that feels very luxurious on the lashes.
Also, they provide shields to use instead of rods. I have found the results to be much better when working with shields as the eyelashes are noticeably more lifted when compared to using rods.
One drawback of this product is the lash glue used to adhere the lashes to the silicone pads. In some cases, it can be a challenge to have the lashes stay in place when applying the perming lotion.
Best Budget: Silksence Lash Lift Kit
If you’re looking for a kit that has absolutely every single thing you need to do a lash lift at home at a very reasonable price, then the Silksence Lash Lift Kit is the way to go.
The kit comes with the usual lash glue, perm agent, fixing lotion, setting lotion, and nourishing oil. However, it also comes with eye pads, brushes, combs, and shields.
You can get 15 lifts out of this kit. The value is hard to beat for the price.
On the downside, the lifting lotion can be harsh and may cause some irritation. If you’re just starting out, you might want to look into a more gentle solution.
Best Professional: The Lash Shop Instant Lash Lift
The instant lash lift kit from The Lash Shop is one of the best on the market for professional lash artists. What I love the most about this product is the company’s commitment to quality. All of their products use only the highest quality ingredients and they really know their stuff.
What I really like about this product is the 2-in-1 product “set & tint lotion”. Typically you have to use two separate products to set and tint the eyelashes but this product streamlines the process.
The only drawback of this product is that it’s only meant for professionals. It uses an alkaline lifting lotion that can seriously damage the lashes if left for too long.
Vassoul Lash Lift Kit
What I loved the most about the Vassoul kit is how easy it was to follow the instructions. This is a great kit for beginners who want to try lash lift but are intimidated by all the steps.
Each step has a clearly identified bottle so you can easily follow along. The kit also comes with an eye shield which makes it much easier to work with than using rods.
The only downside of this kit is that it doesn’t come with all the small tools some other kits provide such as a lash comb and mini brush. But, these items are cheap and easy to find so it’s not a big deal.
Iconsign Lash Lift Kit
If you want a product that has thousands of positive reviews and is from a well-known and trusted company, then the ICONSIGN Lash Lift Kit is a great option.
With this kit, you can get lifted eyelashes for up to 6 weeks. Each lotion has a specific color so you can tell which one you’re supposed to be using. This is very helpful for beginners.
It also comes with different shield sizes so you can choose the perfect fit for your lashes. A smaller shield will typically have a stronger curling effect while a bigger one will have a stronger lifting effect.
The only thing I didn’t love about this kit is that some of the lotions have a strong scent. It might be too strong for some people.
My Personal Lash Lift Kit (#1 Pick)
When I first started offering lash lifts at my salons, I tried out several different kits. I also enrolled in a specialized lash lift course so I could learn all the ins and outs. I wanted to make sure I truly understood the science behind the product before offering it to my clients.
Because I work in a salon setting and have certification, my personal favorite is the Instant Lash Lift from The Lash Shop. It provides great results, works fast, and combines the tint with the nourishing oil which essentially saves one stop of the process.
If you’re into DIY lash lift, you should choose a more gentle kit that has all the tools to get started and step-by-step instructions like the Ayasal Lash Lift Kit.
If you’re really tight on budget, the Silksence Lash Lift Kit is a great option that will still give you insane value with good results.
Choosing Your Lash Lift Kit – Key Takeaways
Now that you know the different types of lash lift kits and what to look for, it’s time to choose the perfect one for you.
One word of caution I have to make. If you do decide to go the DIY route, please be very careful. These products contain strong chemicals that can seriously damage your eyes if not used correctly. I highly recommend having someone else do it for you, even if you do it at home.
Doing a lash lift is not an easy task, so imagine doing it with your eyes closed while trying to prevent any chemicals from getting into your eyes!
Having said that, it’s always safer to go to a certified lash tech or salon to get your lash lift done. But hey, you might say I’m biased here!
I hope this roundup of the best lash lift kits on the market will help you make a decision. If you have any questions, or if you found a kit you’re madly in love with, please share in the comments below!
Great article! As a lash technician, and licensed esthetician, I am always researching information about the best lash lift kits etc. Thank you!
Hi Latisha! I’m glad this was helpful 🙂