If you’re like me, then you love going to amusement parks. There’s just something about the thrill of riding a roller coaster or experiencing a haunted house that makes me happy.
But if you’re also like me, then you probably don’t want to give up your eyelash extensions before heading to the park. In this blog post, we will discuss some tips for keeping your eyelashes looking great while enjoying all the rides!
Let’s roll in!
Can You Go on Roller Coasters With Eyelash Extensions?
Of course, you can! Lash extensions are perfectly safe to wear on a roller coaster and you don’t risk having your lashes fall off during the ride. They are affixed to your natural lashes with medical-grade glue designed to withstand water, sweat, and strong winds.
I often get asked, but what about the very fast winds at high speeds?
Surely the whipping wind and G-forces will cause my lashes to fly off, right?
Wrong! Your eyelash extensions are actually just as likely to stay put on a roller coaster as when you’re just walking around the park.
Why is that?
Simply because the lash glue used by your lash artist is designed to withstand all sorts of conditions, including wind, rain, and even sweat.
Normally, the only reason you would lose your extensions is through the natural growth cycle of your own lashes.
When your natural lash sheds, so does the extension attached to it.
So as long as you’re not experiencing an unusually high shed rate, your extensions should stay put no matter how many times you go on that roller coaster!
Can You Go to a Water Park With Eyelash Extensions?
The same rules apply to water parks! Your lash extensions will be just fine if you go on any water rides or splash around in the pool.
Did you know that the eyelash adhesive is completely waterproof?
After the curing period is over (generally around 4 hours), the adhesive will have set and will not be affected by water.
So go ahead and enjoy those water slides without worry!
How to Keep Your Eyelash Extensions Safe at an Amusement Park
You’ve invested time and money into getting eyelash extensions, so you don’t want to lose them while at an amusement park. Here are some tips for keeping your lashes looking great:
- Bring a lash brush with you to the park and brush your lashes every few hours. This will help to keep them from getting tangled.
- If you start to feel your lashes getting wet, gently pat dry them with a towel. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing, as this can cause the lashes to come off.
- If you’re going on a water ride, avoid putting your face directly under a water jet. This can cause the extensions to weaken. Instead, cup your hand over your eyes.
- Avoid using oil-based products around your eyes. This includes sunscreen, makeup, and face wash. Oil can break down the glue that bonds the extensions to the natural eyelashes.
- Be careful when removing your makeup at the end of the day. Gently wipe away any makeup with a cotton ball or pad and make sure not to tug or pull on the lashes.
With these tips, you can enjoy all the fun of an amusement park without having to worry about your lash extensions falling off prematurely.
As you can see, there is no need to avoid roller coasters or water parks just because you have eyelash extensions.
With a few simple precautions, you can enjoy all the fun without worrying about your lashes. Just remember to brush them occasionally, blot away any water, and be careful when removing your makeup.
Other than that, have fun and enjoy the rides!
– Asako 🙂